There are some amazing content sources out there for those of you who are wanting to stay ahead of the trends in Inbound Marketing. Here are some our favourites in a weekly round-up of great blog posts. If you are a B2B company looking to grow your lead generation with Inbound Marketing then I’d recommend spending some quality time reading some of these posts.
Have a great Friday and happy reading.
- 17 of the Best Brands on Instagram Right NowContrary to what your friends' photos suggest, Instagram isn't just a social network for selfies and brunch pics. In fact, Instagram has a whopping 700 million active monthly users as of September 2017 -- the last 100 million of which joined in the prior five months. In a world where visual content remains a crucial part of any business' marketing strategy, Instagram marketing presents a unique opportunity to visually represent your brand, celebrate its personality, and keep it top-of-mind for all those users who scroll through their Instagram feeds every single day. Although they're few and far between, there are ... read more
- GDPR and the Right Side of HistoryBrian Halligan sent this note to all HubSpot employees this morning: Yesterday, I got three emails from vendors asking me if it is okay that they keep sending me emails. I imagine you got a few as well. The irony is hard to miss. Rather than making a sarcastic joke, though, I actually welcome these notifications. These companies are trying to get on the right side of history, complying with GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation enacted by the European Union, which goes into effect today. History has a way of catching up on you. Auto manufacturers fought government mandates ... read more
- Facebook Has Launched Its Political Ad ArchiveFacebook today unveiled the publicly searchable archive of political ads it said it would develop in April. The launch comes alongside new labeling requirements for all election- and issue-based ads, which includes a disclosure of who paid for them. The History of These Changes These latest developments come after months of efforts by Facebook to emphasize its focus on election transparency -- particularly after revelations were made that the platform was weaponized by foreign actors to spread misinformation and influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Earlier this month, the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) Minority released roughly ... read more
- Facebook to Roll Out ‘Similar’ EU Privacy Options to All UsersFacebook announced today that it will be sending all users a News Feed alert asking them to review their data and privacy options. The alert, says Facebook, is "similar" to the one received by users in the European Union (EU), as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force this Friday. But now, Facebook users worldwide will receive an alert in their News Feeds -- an "interruption," as Facebook lightly calls it -- asking them to review privacy and data controls pertaining to ads, facial recognition, and what they've shared on their profiles. There's a key difference between the alert for EU users and ... read more
- Facebook Business Manager: The Ultimate GuideIt’s likely you’ve heard of Facebook Business Manager, which Facebook describes as their tool to “manage ad accounts, Pages, and the people who work on them -- all in one place.” If you haven’t heard of it, or if you don’t know much about it, Facebook Business Manager is a useful tool if you have more than one ad account, if you need to track separate clients’ ads or pages and create reports for them, or if your company uses Facebook for different services related to your business. What is Facebook Business Manager? Facebook Business Manager is a tool ... read more
Adobe Marketing Cloud Blog
Oracle Marketing Blog
- 4 Ways Chatbots Can Increase Engagement and Improve the Customer ExperienceMost likely you have already interacted with an online chatbot or automated phone system for getting product information or resolving a support issue. The majority of these systems use artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to understand your questions and predict what you are looking for to provide you with accurate and useful information in a user-friendly way. Busy consumers are now becoming more comfortable using these automated systems as the systems are becoming smarter, friendlier, and faster. So how could a marketing platform use chatbots to get consumers more engaged with relevant and personalized marketing messages? We believe these four opportunities ... read more
- Experience, Not Conversion, is the Key to the Switching EconomyIn a world increasingly defined by instant-gratification, the demand for positive and direct shopping experiences has risen exponentially. Today’s always-on customers are drawn to the most convenient products and services available. As a result, we are witnessing higher customer switching rates, with consumers focusing more on convenience than on branding, reputation, or even on price. In this switching economy – where information and services are always just a click away – we tend to reach for what suits our needs in the shortest amount of time. This shift in decision making has made it harder than ever for businesses to build loyalty among their customers and to guarantee repeat purchases. According to recent research, only 1 in 5 consumers now consider it a hassle to switch between brands, while a ... read more