There are some amazing content sources out there for those of you who are wanting to stay ahead of the trends in Inbound Marketing. Here are some our favourites in a weekly round-up of great blog posts. If you are a B2B company looking to grow your lead generation with Inbound Marketing then I’d recommend spending some quality time reading some of these posts.
Have a great Friday and happy reading.
- 30 of the Funniest Tweets About Social Media We’ve Ever SeenThere are a lot of things to be negative about on the internet today. And between cyberbullying on Twitter, fake news on Facebook, and too many weight loss tea ads on Instagram, it's easy to feel jaded about social media in particular. In fact, we surveyed more than 3,000 people around the world, and one-third responded that they feel "awful" after browsing social media -- with Facebook taking the crown for most awful feelings induced. So, in an effort to combat these feelings of awfulness, we've compiled 30 of the funniest tweets about social media we could find. And ... read more
- 9 Cover Letter Templates to Perfect Your Next Job ApplicationNo one seems to agree on cover letters. How much time do you need to spend perfecting them? Do hiring managers even read them? Is it better to just send in your resume and call it a day? I'm not in HR, but I've been approached by applicants who wondered whether their cover letter would actually be read. My answer is one not many of them wanted to hear: "sometimes." Sometimes it will be read. Other times, you can get away with just sending in your resume -- like when you network your way into applying for a position. ... read more
- Tool Overload is Slowing Your Marketing Team DownMarketing teams tend to pick up a new tool for every problem. An email marketing tool here, an ads tool there, a CRM somewhere else. Before you know it, accomplishing your daily tasks requires you to navigate a tangled, borderline incomprehensible web of point solutions, free trials, and complex, custom integrations that stall out when you need them the most. Building a marketing strategy around an à la carte selection of tools seems sustainable at first, but it can get messy fast -- especially for growing companies with shifting needs. Consider this: over 50% of marketers say they use five ... read more
- Why HQ Trivia Is Actually a Genius Marketing StrategyIt's been less than a year since HQ Trivia launched -- and since then (around here, at least), it's hard to go a day without hearing its name. Don't get me wrong. As a major proponent of pub trivia nights (not that I excel at them), I can see the appeal of a trivia app. But one, I thought, that is consumed passively -- perhaps while waiting in line, or in the waiting room of a doctor's office. But no. HQ Trivia -- the live, game-show-esque, social trivia app -- does things differently. You can only play at certain times of ... read more
- The 14 Management Principles Every Manager Needs to KnowWhen you think of the French mining industry in the 1890’s, what pops in your mind? Terrible working conditions? A catastrophic collapse? The black lung? What about the birth of modern work culture? A coal mine might seem like an unlikely place for the emergence of work culture and organizational management theory, but you’d be surprised. More than a century ago, Henri Fayol, the managing director of a French mining company, made groundbreaking advances in organizational management theory by constantly iterating his miners’ working conditions to uncover the optimal environment for efficiency, productivity, and happiness. Advancing the field of ... read more
Adobe Marketing Cloud Blog
Oracle Marketing Blog
- 4 Things To Look For In A Marketing Automation PlatformI've spent a lot of time lately with CEOs, CMOs, and other marketing professionals. During those conversations, it became clear that a marketer’s role in the company has shifted in the last few years. For the first time, marketers are being held accountable for revenue targets as their top most priority. And that is different. Two years ago, if you asked CMOs, they would have said brand building was the number one target, and revenue was somewhere in the middle. This is a pretty big shift. Today, you’re responsible for acquiring customers, engaging those customers, increasing lifetime value, and decreasing ... read more
- How Marketers Can Be Successful with Blockchain TechnologyWe’ve so often heard about how new tech disrupts industries that it has become cliché. Whether it’s IoT, smart glasses, or even AI, there’s always this constant conversation about how new and innovative tech is going to change things. With blockchain, though, it’s more than just hot air. It’s the truth. From healthcare to insurance, blockchain has the potential to impact an array of industries. Aiming to solve problems including remittance, intermediaries, and even proof of ownership, there’s a lot of applications blockchain can bring about. However, it’s the recent innovations in marketing and advertising that have been at the ... read more