There are some amazing content sources out there for those of you who are wanting to stay ahead of the trends in Inbound Marketing. Here are some our favourites in a weekly round-up of great blog posts. If you are a B2B company looking to grow your lead generation with Inbound Marketing then I’d recommend spending some quality time reading some of these posts.
Have a great Friday and happy reading.
- 7 Examples of Email Signatures That Drive ConversionsEmail is still the workhorse of digital marketing. In fact, the number of emails sent and received per day total over 205 billion, according to The Radicati Group Email Statistics Report. There are no other marketing channels as effective and efficient as email -- but there still might be a use for email your team is overlooking: employee email. Your employees interact with prospective customers, current customers, job candidates, partners, vendors, and industry influencers daily on a personal, one-on-one basis -- and they already have valuable, authentic relationships with these important contacts. Employee email is an often overlooked owned channel marketers ... read more
- You’re Pregnant! Just Kidding. Here’s the News You Missed This Week.Sometimes, I wonder if the internet can be boiled down to a single sentiment: "Oops." That was certainly the underlying theme of some major news items this week, like the one our headline alludes to -- more on that below. After all, the digital landscape is a setting that can be described at once as a playground and a hellscape, where mistakes never really disappear (even if you quickly delete them, thanks to screen shots), contentious competition never ends, and consumers are often left wondering, "What the hell is going on? I just want a machine to read my schedule ... read more
- Why 2017 Is the Year of Bots [Video]Last week, while I was using a website's chat feature to get some much-needed customer service, I realized something shocking: I couldn't tell if I was chatting with a human or a bot. Before 2017, my notion of bots -- and chatbots, specifically -- was that they could only provide canned, basic responses before escalating to a human being. In short, I thought chatbots seemed, well, robotic, and they couldn't get me the help I needed with a human touch. Now, of course, I know that chatbots are the future of marketing, and you might feel the same. More brands have ... read more
- Google Acquired a Team From HTC and It Surprised No OneLate last night -- at least, here on the East Coast -- a formal announcement was made that, if you're as obsessed with the business of mobile as we are, didn't exactly come as a surprise. The word: Google had acquired a team from mobile electronics company HTC in a $1.1 billion deal. When the Taiwan Stock Exchange opened at 9:00 AM local time, where HTC is headquartered, many suspected the announcement was coming. The company, which has been struggling with its valuation for quite a few years now, had already planned to freeze trading on Thursday, sparking rumors that ... read more
- Which Blogging Tips Get Results? [New Survey Data]When it comes to business blogging, how much time do people put into creating posts? How long are their articles? What goes into them? How often do they publish new content? How do they promote their posts? Do they measure the results? The answers to any and all of the questions deliver interesting insights on the state of digital marketing. And thanks to the work of Orbit Media Studios, this data has been collected, made available and fun to consume. For three years running, Andy Crestodina -- the web design and development company's co-founder -- and his team have surveyed ... read more
Adobe Marketing Cloud Blog
- Redefining The Retail Experience
- Fueling Customer Intelligence for the Enterprise: Audience Analytics for AAMIn our conversations with customers, we’ve observed that marketers and publishers often leverage audience segmentation and customer analytics in silos — a data management platform houses rich segmentation comprised of first, second, and third-party data assets, while the analytics side of the operation stores valuable customer engagement metrics and insights. Today, we’re breaking down these barriers to empower data and analytics to work together to seamlessly power and inform customer experiences. Adobe Analytics Cloud introduces Audience Analytics for Adobe Audience Manager — an enhanced integration between Audience Manager and Analytics, aimed at driving enterprise insights, intelligence, and action. A richer ... read more
- Save the Date: Think Tank by Adobe – The Future of AdvertisingWe are on the cusp of one of the greatest and most disruptive technology waves in history — the experience business wave. Nearly 90 percent of companies surveyed by Gartner indicated that they expect to compete primarily on consumer experience. That’s up nearly three times from 2010. In our hyper-connected, hyper-local, hyper-personalized world, a brand’s success relies almost exclusively upon its ability to deliver compelling personalized experiences to consumers, both online and off. But what is the role of the advertiser in experience business? Will the future of marketing see seismic shifts as businesses look to turn advertisements into experiences? ... read more
- Adobe’s 2016 Holiday Shopping Predictions Bring ‘Good Tidings’ for 2017Retailers know the holiday shopping season ramps up long before the rest of us start sporting our festive sweaters and scarves. That’s why it’s never too early to think ahead. In the fall of 2016, Adobe Digital Insights’ Holiday Shopping Predictions highlighted trends retailers should have expected to see as they geared up for last year’s holiday season. Although we’ll soon be releasing our 2017 report for the coming holiday season, it’s worth a look in the rearview mirror to see how our 2016 predictions stacked up to reality, and what that means for your marketing strategy as you prepare ... read more
Oracle Marketing Blog
- Branding as a Framework for Customer Experience ManagementIn today’s digital, social, and app-driven economy; companies face an increasingly complex environment when it comes to managing their customer experience. Customer touchpoints are diversifying — spanning apps, websites, social platforms, chats, advertisements, live events, physical locations, virtual and augmented reality and more — making it more important than ever for brands to develop strategic frameworks for managing the customer experience. Much of the discussion around managing experience centers around two practice fields: 1) User Experience Design User Experience (UX) is a field of design which provides tools for designing individual products or services according to user needs. 2) Customer ... read more
- 3 Steps to Success in Omni-Channel OrchestrationBefore I get to the aforementioned steps, if you're in marketing and are reading this and are not convinced the majority of people AKA consumers AKA your customers (yes this applies to you B2B marketers) use more than one channel to do pretty much everything — well, you may want to sit up take note of the world around you. Consumers today, on average, use six channels with nearly 50% regularly using more than four. In the US alone 98% switch between devices in the same day. My assumption is that percentage is right around the same for the rest of ... read more