There are some amazing content sources out there for those of you who are wanting to stay ahead of the trends in Inbound Marketing. Here are some our favourites in a weekly round-up of great blog posts. If you are a B2B company looking to grow your lead generation with Inbound Marketing then I’d recommend spending some quality time reading some of these posts.
Have a great Friday and happy reading.
- 6 Ways Marketing Content Can Support a Customer Service Team"Hold on, let me just confirm the solution for you," the service rep responds as she scrambles to look up the answer to a customer's question. It's the corporate equivalent of a retail employee wandering aimlessly down each aisle when you ask where a certain product is, like you couldn't have done that yourself. Customers will eventually stump customer service (a department sometimes known as customer success, if it's more focused on proactive goal-setting than reactive troubleshooting) with a question they ask over the phone or in a live chat window. And that's okay; it's hard to always have all ... read more
- Emotional Intelligence is the Key to Career Growth [Video]... read more
- Your Email Strategy Needs a Facebook Messenger StrategyAs of late, it feels like an arms race between email marketing or Messenger marketing. A world where marketers have to pick: the workhorse of today or the most exciting channel of tomorrow? At first glance, I can see why. We’ve seen audiences engage an insane amount on Messenger -- 619% more than email. There’s also a cool 1.3 billion people who use Messenger on a regular basis. When companies ask me which one to use, my answer surprises them: have your cake and eat it, too. Email and Messenger together will make your business more money than picking one. ... read more
- How to Manage Your Entire Marketing Budget [Free Budget Tracker Templates]Here's a hypothetical for you: Let's say your company has decided to invest in a website redesign so you can improve lead generation, and you're responsible for managing the project. Naturally, one of the first questions you have is, “How much is this website redesign going to cost?” The answer, of course, is “it depends.” Are you simply switching to a new template and adding some new CTAs, or are you migrating your entire website to a new platform? If only there were a way to organize your answers to all of these questions -- a place where you could ... read more
- Think Twitter Automation Is the Answer to Efficiency? Think Again.Twitter announced today that it will impose major restrictions on the use of automation and bulk-tweeting tools. It's the latest in a series of moves by Twitter to combat the spread of spam, false information, or bots on its network. The motivation behind these new restrictions is to significantly limit the amount of identical information -- like that containing false information or propaganda -- being tweeted out by multiple accounts. Why Twitter Has Imposed These Restrictions That sort of activity is often conducted on platforms designed for Twitter automation and what's also known as "bulk tweeting," in which identical tweets ... read more
Adobe Marketing Cloud Blog
Oracle Marketing Blog
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: 5 Steps to B2B Content Marketing Success in 2018We are only two months into 2018 and I already hear some B2B marketers say that they work harder, not smarter, and only see limited results. So what differentiates the successful marketers from the not-so-successful marketers? One word: strategy. According to CMI’s 2018 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends research (North America), 62% of the most successful B2B content marketers have a documented strategy and 72% of B2B content marketers have increased their level of success over the past year as a result of having a strategy place. So what stops B2B organisations from developing a content marketing strategy, when it’s so clear that ... read more
- INFOGRAPHIC: Worldwide Social Network UsersWe all know that social media has significantly changed the way the world operates, from the way we interact to the manner in which we conduct business. We have an astoundingly vast amount of information at our fingertips. Fortunately and unfortunately, we get to witness firsthand the beauty (and the horror) of the world, every minute of every day. From world leaders offering their opinions via Twitter to viral videos on how to de-clutter your home, the impact of social media is widespread and profound. I believe we understand that social media and the use of mobile technology is extensive both ... read more
- Renting vs. Owning – A Marketer’s GuideThe proliferation of social media, in addition to traditional media channels, has created a seemingly endless list of channels in which brands can reach their customers. But marketers should save themselves the headache of trying to use every channel, or at least attempting to vet them all, by remembering that their priority should be impactful customer engagement. With that in mind, the first question a marketer should ask themselves when choosing a channel is—will I be owning or renting this platform in my customer engagement efforts? So, what does it mean to own or rent? If a marketer is ... read more