There are some amazing content sources out there for those of you who are wanting to stay ahead of the trends in Inbound Marketing. Here are some our favourites in a weekly round-up of great blog posts. If you are a B2B company looking to grow your lead generation with Inbound Marketing then I’d recommend spending some quality time reading some of these posts.
Have a great Friday and happy reading.
- 8 of the Top Marketing Challenges Marketers Face Today [New Data]Every marketer faces different challenges. Although we typically share similar goals, some teams are stuck on hiring top talent, while others are having trouble finding the right technology for their needs. Whatever the case may be, there’s always at least one area that you can stand to improve. In other words, there’s always room to optimize the various components of your strategy and turn your marketing into an even more effective revenue generator. Curious about what kinds of obstacles other marketers are up against? We polled thousands of marketers on the challenges they face, as well ... read more
- How to Get Started With Paid Search [Free Guide]In 2016, 96% of Google's revenue came from paid search (or pay-per-click) advertising. Clearly, marketers are taking advantage of AdWords, but what does a great PPC campaign even look like? How do you ensure it drives ROI for your company? How do you even do a Google AdWords campaign? To help you get started the right way, we're breaking down the basics of how to use paid search below. The following is an excerpt from the ebook How to Use Google AdWords, just one of the resources included in The Ultimate Free Google AdWords PPC Kit we created with our friends at ... read more
- The Harmful Effects of Sleeping With Technology [Infographic]Did you know that the average technology user in the United States spends nearly 11 hours per day looking at screens? Sure, a lot of that time is spent at work on computers and mobile devices, but the rest of it is spent at home. And as it turns out, exposure to screens and other technologies can have adverse health impacts -- especially if it's too close to bedtime. Two-thirds of Americans report that they have trouble sleeping, and too much technology could be the cause. Webpage FX created the following infographic that outlines how technology is being overused, the health ... read more
- How to Create a SMarketing Service Level AgreementAt most companies, it can feel like marketing and sales are far from being on the same team. According to the 2017 State of Inbound report, fewer than half of marketers would describe their respective companies' Sales and Marketing teams as "generally aligned." And that's a problem. Here at HubSpot, we're lucky to have a strong, healthy relationship between marketing and sales. Our marketing and sales executives started out on the same team in the company's earliest days, and that collaboration has trickled down throughout the organization as it continues to grow. But it wasn't just luck, of course. ... read more
- 8 Signs of Emotional Intelligence in LeadershipWe write a lot about artificial intelligence here at HubSpot. You might be excited about it, or slightly concerned that AI will take your job -- and then take over the world. And while AI is important and interesting, I'm going to ask you to put a pin in that so we can talk about another type of intelligence: emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence doesn't involve bots or machine learning, but it still could have a huge impact on your job, your success, and your happiness at work. By now, we all know that success isn't just about ... read more
Adobe Marketing Cloud Blog
- Point of Sale: Retail & Travel WeeklyIn this week’s articles, we peer into the state of personalization across the retail industry, the most effective automated emails to drive e-commerce, a checklist for successfully leveraging SEO on PDPs, and more. Executives Are Stepping Up on Personalized Marketing [eMarketer]: Marketers are still trying to get personalization to a level in which consumers are satisfied with the results. The Most Effective Triggered Email Types for E-Commerce Brands [MarketingProfs]: Welcome and abandoned-cart emails are the most effective emails for triggering e-commerce sales. 2017 SEO Checklist for Product Detail Pages [Practical Ecommerce]: Making sure your PDPs contain all the information needed ... read more
- Adobe & Econsultancy Release New Research: “Technology Companies Lead the Way in Digital Experience Delivery.”The industry characterized by constant invention, rampant competition, and rapid obsolescence cycles also leads the way in digital adoption. A report recently released by Adobe and Econsultancy reveals that, perhaps fittingly, companies in the technology industry are leaders in both becoming digital first and digital integration. The “2017 Digital Trends in Technology” report is based on a sample of over 900 respondents working in the technology sector who were among more than 14,000 digital professionals taking part in the annual Digital Trends survey. In this report, we highlight differences between industries, specifically profiling the technology industry. More importantly, we were ... read more
- Hey Marketers, the Bots Are Coming
- Site Search — More Than Just a BoxYour site search could be a rock star for your business. It’s the one digital marketing capability for your website or mobile site that explicitly tells you what your customers want. It’s a customer-intent agent with the power to give your customers a “Wow!” experience by putting the right product or content in front of them. Yet most brands still view it as basic utility — a site requirement that’s been met when you have a search box on your website. If you fall into this group, or you’ve been using the soon-to-be-retired Google Search Appliance (GSA) or Google Site ... read more
- Transcend Technology With a Digital FoundationIn 1993, NetApp — a young enterprise storage solution provider — shipped their first data storage system to an administrator at Tandem Computers. The network appliance was simple, yet incredibly effective. Unlike its competitors, NetApp’s system could reboot in 30 seconds instead of hours — thereby decreasing downtime and giving Tandem a competitive edge. In the more than 20 years since that first shipment, NetApp has gone on to power some of the world’s most notable businesses, universities, and scientific achievements — helping organizations worldwide manage and store their data. The angle that keeps this high-tech company on top is ... read more
Oracle Marketing Blog
- Accidental Sends and Apology EmailsMistakes happen. You’ve created your strategy, set up your template/content, scheduled the launch and then sat back and waited for the results to come pouring in. Except once it’s launched you’ve noticed it was accidentally sent to your full file because the proper filters weren’t in place. In sets the panic. When this happens, the first instinct some senders have is to send an apology email. DON’T. If this happens to you, before you make any impulse decisions, it’s important to take a step back and look at how your overall program has been impacted. Start by reviewing the data ... read more
- 5 Steps to Lead Nurturing SuccessMarketing today is a fast-moving, highly competitive landscape where a proliferation of content from multiple brands competes for customer attention on a plethora of channels, platforms and technologies! Brand loyalty is ever more elusive as customers are faced with seemingly endless choice, and interactions with companies are often brief and low-commitment. What’s the answer to gaining and retaining customers in such a fragmented marketing environment? Lead nurturing Lead nurturing has emerged as a discipline helping prospective customers along a journey towards purchase, while building a relationship between them and your brand. What is lead nurturing? Lead nurturing focuses on educating ... read more